To do list item: 2008 Grand Asia
Has Japan, China or Vietnam been on your to do list?
Small Ship adventurists and enthusiasts listen up. Cruise West recently announced it’s 2008 Grand Asia sailings. This is a travel opportunity of a lifetime, to explore ancient dynasties and modern cultures of four Asian nations, cruising from Northern Japan to South Korea, China and Vietnam on the distinctive Grand Asia voyage.
On this cruise, you’ll become a true insider in Cruise West’s typical up-close and personal fashion, journeying beyond the typical, popular attractions to get up-close with the culture, people and history of these countries.
- • exploring gardens, temples and artisan centers, coastal ports, castle towns, bustling cities and remote villages in Japan, South Korea, China and Vietnam
- • meeting with a Shinto priest as well as watching a performance in Miyajima
- • tours of the peace parks in Hiroshima and Nagasaki
- • a visit to Shanghai, once a sleepy fishing town and now China’s premier cultural, commercial and financial center
- • the UNESCO World Heritage Sites of Ha Long Bay
- • Hoi An and Hue, Vietnam’s Imperial City
You’ll experience all this onboard one of the most luxurious ships afloat, Cruise West’s Spirit of Oceanus. Each suite offers spacious closets, a large marble bathroom, sitting area and television. Two lounges, an outdoor bistro and open-seating dining room provide a casual atmosphere for guests to interact with one another, the crew, Exploration Leaders and guest speakers. Seven suite categories are offered onboard, including 14 suites featuring private balconies and one 550-square-foot elegantly spacious Owner’s Suite located on the ship’s Sun Deck.
Check out the details of the itinerary. You’ll want to hurry to take advantage of this opportunity of a lifetime, as an early booking incentive of up to $900 per person is available for those who pay the full amount upon booking by February 8, 2008.