World in Focus Photography Contest
Photographers, listen up! National Geographic Traveler Magazine and Photo District News present the “World in Focus” Photography Contest. The contest is open to both professionals and amateurs alike.
Once you select which type of photographer you are, you can submit photos based on the following categories:
- Travel Portraits (People in their environment, celebrations, parades, and ceremonies)
- Outdoor Scenes (Landscapes, wildlife, underwater, and aerials)
- Sense of Place (Cityscapes, towns, villages that suggest a feeling or place)
- Spontaneous Moments (Photos that capture fun, quirky, unpredictable moments)
- Photo Essay (Up to six images that convey a story around a particular theme)
Contest prizes include:
- GRAND PRIZE: 15-day trip for two to Antarctica aboard the National Geographic Endeavour.
Contributed by National Geographic Expeditions
- FIRST PRIZE: 5-day trip for two to The Cliffs Preserve in Patagonia, Chile. Contributed by The Cliffs Preserve
- SECOND PRIZE: 6-day cruise for two on a Maine Windjammer Schooner. Contributed by The Schooners American Eagle and Heritage
- THIRD PRIZE: 7-day Photography Workshop for one in Oaxaca, Mexico. Contributed by National Geographic Expeditions
- SEVEN MERIT PRIZES: Nikon Coolpix P60 Camera and a Bogen Prize Package, including a National Geographic Tundra Monopod, a National Geographic Tundra Tripod with 3-way head, and an Earth Explorer Medium Shoulder Bag.
- BONUS AWARDS: Winning images will be featured in the January/February 2009 edition of National Geographic Traveler, and displayed at the World in Focus Gallery Exhibit at PhotoPlus Expo October 23-25, 2008, in New York. All winning images will also be featured on the World in Focus Contest website, and the National Geographic Traveler website. In addition, winners will receive a one-year subscription to Photo District News.
ENTRY FEES: $12 per entry. Deadline: August 21, 2008. Pay $10 additional per entry for an extended deadline of September 8.
- GRAND PRIZE: Free tuition for a 6-day professional photography workshop for one in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Contributed by Santa Fe Workshops (www.santafeworkshops.com) One Nikon D-80 Digital SLR (body only) or equivalent. Expedition Carbon Fiber Tripod NGET2, Edpedition Hydrostatic Head NGEH1, Large Backpack NG5737, A PDN PhotoServe porfolio.
- EACH CATEGORY WINNER: One D-60 Kit (including 18-55mm VR lens), Tundra Photo/Video Tripod NGTT2, Med Shoulder Bag NG2475, PDN PhotoPlus Expo Gold Pass
- BONUS AWARD: Winning images will be features in a special winners gallery in PDN’s February 2009 issue, online at http://www.pdnonline.com, and select winners will be displayed at the World In Focus Gallery at PDN PhotoPlus Expo.
ENTRY FEES: $35 per entry. Deadline: August 21, 2008. Pay $10 additional per entry for an extended deadline of September 8.
Posted on July 29, 2008, in News, Photography Cruises, Small Ship Cruising and tagged free camera, free cruises, free trips, photography, photography contests, prizes, travel photography. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.