Top 10 Reasons to Travel to Egypt With Lindblad Expeditions
- River Travel in Small Groups: Although departures accommodate a maximum of 42 guests, each group of 21 guests is accompanied by an Egyptologist from the time you arrive in Cairo until you leave Egypt.
- The Spacious Elegant Ship: Triton, one of the most comfortable, luxurious ships on the Nile, is exclusively chartered for Lindblad guests. Originally designed for 100, it has been refitted to accommodate only 42 guests in twenty staterooms and one Bridge Suite.
- Private Chartered Aircraft: Private internal flights ensure convenient departure times, flexible schedules and a relaxing experience. You will rise at a reasonable hour, pass airport security unencumbered by the crowds in the main terminal and travel aboard a four engine turbo-prop De Havilland Dash 7 or 8 with fifty comfortable seats. Depending on which itinerary you choose, private flights will take you from Cairo to Luxor, or Abu Simbel and Aswan, and return to Cairo.
- Exceptional Hotels: The most elegant hotels available: The Four Seasons at The First Residence in Cairo and the Mena House Oberoi in Giza — at the foot of the Pyramids.
- Options: You have two itineraries to choose from — one more concentrated, one a bit more leisurely. Exploring Egypt’s 10-day format has four nights aboard Triton and a more condensed experience in and around Cairo. Passage through Egypt is a longer expedition. Its 15-day pace is leisurely with six nights of cruising to discover life along the Nile and see other sites in more detail.
- Carefully Crafted Itineraries: You’ll explore Egyptian culture, history, archaeology, art and modern life.
- Meticulous Research: Provides you with carefully planned site visits at the most optimal times of the day. For instance, in Aswan you will visit Philae Temple in the late afternoon, when light falls beautifully on the temple columns and you can see the impact of its graceful beauty.
- The Most Knowledgeable and Experienced Egyptologists: We’ve assembled an outstanding team of highly experienced experts, who will be with you from the moment you arrive in Cairo and will remain with you throughout your journey until your departure from Egypt. They are specialists in Egyptian culture, art, history and archaeology. Each Egyptologist is well seasoned — and passionate — about his or her subjects.
- Low Guest-to-Guide Ratio: One Egyptologist for a maximum of twenty-one guests. You’ll have lots of interaction and plenty of time for questions and discussion. On board Triton, a crew to guest ratio of almost 1.5:1 ensures the highest level of service.
- Nourish Your Mind, Body and Spirit: Expert Egyptologists, excellent English-speaking staff, outstanding cuisine, and the highest level of service. Our dedication to this expedition is never at the cost of comfort. The ship and the hotels offer full spa with air-conditioned gym, indoor and outdoor pools, Jacuzzi and massage therapist.