Another ship is leaving Alaskan waters and headed to other destinations.
Cruise West’s Spirit of Oceanus will change course in 2010, leaving the waters of Alaska’s Inside Passage up through to the Bering Sea. That means 2009 is the last chance to visit regions that no other cruise company offers.
In preparation for this change, Cruise West is pleased to offer a final opportunity to take part in several voyages of distinction to Japan, Grand Asia, Vietnam and Alaska in 2009. Book and pay in full and save from $600 to $1,100/cabin depending on itinerary.
Last Chance for Six Once in a Lifetime Voyages – Take Advantage of the Savings
- Covering 1,600 miles from Vancouver to Anchorage or reverse, the 12-night Coastal Odyssey cruises through the Strait of Georgia, British Columbia and Alaska’s Inside Passage, the Gulf of Alaska and iceberg-studded fjords of Prince William Sound. Port calls include a remote Wilderness Community, Petersburg, Skagway, Sitka and Whittier. Choose from seven departure dates: May 11, 21; June 2, 12, 24; July 28; and August 9, 2009. Rates begin at $8,049 per person, double occupancy. Book and pay in full at time of booking and save up to $1,100/cabin, double occupancy.
- The 13-night Voyage to the Bering Sea offered July 4 and 16, 2009, travels from Anchorage to Nome or reverse passing over the Arctic Circle to the farthest reaches of the Bering Sea. Visit remote ports where subsistence living still exists in the Shumagin and Pribilof Islands and Russia’s Chukotka Peninsula. Rates begin at $10,599 per person, double occupancy. Book and pay in full at time of booking and save $700/cabin, double occupancy.
- The ultimate 24-night Alaska voyage, In Harriman’s Wake combines the Coastal Odyssey and the Voyage to the Bering Sea, following the path of 20th century railroad magnate Edward Henry Harriman. Two departures: June 24 and July 16, 2009. Rates begin at $18,499 per person, double occupancy. Book and pay in full at time of booking and save $1,100/cabin, double occupancy.
- Highlights of the 11-night Hidden Treasures of Japan, round trip Kobe, include the ancient castle town of Okayama; relaxing in a geothermal warm sand bath at Ibusuki; Uwajima, the nation’s largest pearl cultivation center; UNESCO World Heritage Site Yakushima; a Ceremonial Shinto dance at Miyajimas astonishing temple complex; Nagasaki, the most westernized of all Japanese cities; a Korean barbeque lunch at Kyongju, South Korea; Hiroshima, and a visit to Takamatsu. Choose from three departure dates: September 28; October 8 and 18, 2009. Prices start at $6,349 (before savings are applied). Book and pay in full by May 8, 2009 and save up to $800/cabin, double occupancy.
- The November 2, 2009 departure of the 18-night Grand Asia voyage travels from Kobe to Hanoi through Japan, Korea, China and Vietnam with a single home base onboard the Spirit of Oceanus. Sail a rugged shoreline along verdant mountains and pristine beaches, exploring temples, palaces, port cities and castle towns, meeting local artisans and visiting UNESCO World Heritage Sites along the way. Price starts at $8,049 (before savings are applied). Book and pay in full by May 8, 2009 and save up to $800/cabin, double occupancy.
- The 11-night Vietnam voyage commences in Hanoi on November 21, 2009, and ends in Ho Chi Minh City. The itinerary will give travelers the chance to explore Vietnam’s architecture, art, and ancient shrines in Hoi An, Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi and Hue; the Gulf of Tonkin; the temples and picturesque fishing boats of Nha Trang; the Cham Museum and a special private performance of traditional martial arts in Qui Nhon; and UNESCO World Heritage Site Ha Long Bay. Prices start at $5,649 (before savings are applied). Book and pay in full by May 8, 2009 and save up to $600/cabin, double occupancy.
Contact Sunstone Tours & Cruises for these once-in-a-lifetime opportunities.