Darwin’s Galapagos Still Drawing Nature Enthusiasts
Discover one-of-a-kind wildlife in a spectacular setting like a select few have chosen to do, aboard an expedition ship, led by some of the world’s most knowledgeable and authoritative guides and expedition leaders.
Need more reasons to plan a Galapagos Expedition? How about ten.
Top 10 Reasons to Travel to the Galápagos Islands With Lindblad Expeditions
- Experience matters: Lindblad Expeditions (LEX) has more experience than any other
operator in Galápagos and more experience in the expedition travel business. In 1967, Lars Eric Lindblad led the first non-scientific expedition to the Galápagos. They’ve been traveling there in one form or another ever since.
- LEX employs the most knowledgeable and experienced naturalists: LEX utilizes a core
group of naturalist guides who work exclusively for Lindblad Expeditions. And, they offer more Naturalists per guest than any other company in the Galápagos.
- More flexibility, choices and activities: Guests are never “herded.” They are offered
options are every opportunity. This is ingrained in the very DNA of their expeditions and they brought this ethic to the Galápagos when they started operations here.
- Lindblad and conservation are synonymous in the Galápagos: Since 1997, Lindblad
Expeditions has worked with its guests to raise funds for local conservation projects. As of December 2008, more than $4.5 million has been raised for projects such as fostering the restoration of native plants throughout the islands and tracking giant tortoises. Lindblad Expeditions works closely with the Galapagos National Park and/or the Charles Darwin Research Station on all conservation initiatives.
- Lindblad Expeditions owns and operates their 2 ships: They are the only U.S. company who owns and operates two ships in the Galápagos, the National Geographic Islander and the National Geographic Endeavour, giving them oversight and control that many others just don’t have.
- Year-round Galápagos and Lindblad Expeditions: Their ships operate year-round, each
offering full-week itineraries, with the National Geographic Endeavour departing every Friday, and the National Geographic Islander departing every Saturday.
- Technological tools add to the guest experience: No other company can match their
tools for exploration, with video microscopes, plasma screens, Undersea Specialists, hydrophones, Video Chroniclers, splash cams and daily expedition reports; all of these tools add significant value to the experience of exploring the Galápagos.
- Immerse yourself; the Galápagos underwater experience with LEX: Swim, snorkel, and
kayak almost every day. Enjoy the glass-bottom boat (National Geographic Endeavour only). Both ships offer complimentary wetsuits as well as mask, fin and snorkel.
- LEX takes special care of family groups: LEX is committed to fostering the unique bonding opportunities available to family groups visiting Galápagos. All departures include staff who are specially trained and skilled in organizing activities for and inspiring curiosity in young people of all ages.
- Dedication to excellent expeditions—never at the cost of comfort and pampering:
Lindblad Expeditions offers a comprehensive wellness program featuring nature-inspired spa treatments (and a floating massage platform on the National Geographic Endeavour), daily stretching under the guidance of an instructor, well-equipped air-conditioned gyms, exquisite cuisine, guest internet service, and seamless handling throughout your journey.