m/v Tere Moana to Join Paul Gauguin Cruises Fleet in December 2012
Late in 2011, Paul Gauguin Cruises announced the acquisition of its second luxury ship, the m/v Tere Moana. The ship will enter service for Paul Gauguin Cruises in December 2012 after a multifaceted renovation, and be renamed The Moana.
The Moana will accommodate just 90 guests in 45 staterooms and will reflect the high standard of quality and service already established for the cruise line by the m/s Paul Gauguin.
The Moana is scheduled to sail warm-weather destinations, with an emphasis on delivering unique itineraries that larger ships cannot offer and exploring hidden ports throughout these regions. Plans are to sail during the summer months in Europe and winter in the Caribbean and Latin America.
Ship facts include:
- 90 guests
- 1:1.5 crew-per-guest ratio – among the highest at sea
Accommodations will include:
- Spacious, 100% oceanview accommodations
- Suites and staterooms from 161 sq. ft. to 205 sq. ft.
- Luxurious European linens, feather-down duvets, robes, and cotton slippers
- Spacious bath with luxurious bath products and hair dryer
- Queen-size bed (all staterooms offer twin bed configurations)
- Welcome fruit and flower arrangement
- Refrigerator replenished daily with soft drinks, beer, and bottled water
Dining onboard will include
- A choice of 2 dining venues:
- L’Etoile – International à la carte dinner menu
- La Veranda – Indoor/outdoor breakfast and lunch, and reservation-only fine dining
- Complimentary 24-hour room service
- Well-being and vegetarian selections and special dietetic
menus upon request
Onboard activities and entertainment will include:
- Presentations by our onboard naturalist and a variety of special guests
- Onboard watersports marina
- Le Grand Salon with stage for live entertainment
- Pool Bar
- Fitness center
- Luxurious onboard spa
- La Boutique duty-free shop
More details about The Moana’s itineraries and sailing schedule will be announced soon.