You are looking for the life fulfilling excitement and adventure of travel, yet don’t have the time? Lindblad Expeditions has an option for you.
Over the past year, Lindblad Expeditions has created a collection of 11 action-packed “Wild Escapes” itineraries to 8 remarkable destinations. These shorter expeditions provide the same wildness, wellness and wonder in less time. The Wild Escapes adventures – including four new itineraries – range from 5 to 9 days and explore many of the same exhilarating regions Lindblad has explored for over 40 years with their traditional expeditions.
In just five days, guests can explore the Channel Islands off the California coast or see the iconic creatures that inspired Darwin on a weeklong cruise to the Galápagos Islands. Add two days and visit Machu Picchu, too. Go beyond Iceland’s Blue Lagoon to discover far more. Enjoy close-up encounters with gray whales and their calves in Baja’s Magdalena Bay. All in the company of Lindblad’s renowned expedition team – expert naturalists, Lindblad-National Geographic certified photo instructors, undersea specialists, and a wellness instructor.
Lindblad’s Wild Escapes include:
- New! Wild Costa Rica Escape: Guanacaste’s Dry Tropical Forest: Discover one of Costa Rica’s richest regions on a 6-day voyage. Snorkel and kayak among untouched corals and palm-lined beaches in the Guanacaste Conservation Area, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Hike, horseback, and zipline amid volcanic peaks in Rincón de la Vieja National Park. Explore uninhabited isles to wildlife-rich jungles and surf towns in this ecologically-rich country. Nov. & Dec. 2019; Jan. 2020. Rates begin at $3,740.
- New! Wild California Escape: San Francisco to Monterey Bay: Cruise from San Francisco to Monterey Bay on a 6-day voyage exploring California’s coastal cities and fascinating ecosystems. Delve into the state’s dynamic history at an immigration station on Angel Island, taste your way through the hills of wine country, meet charismatic sea otters at the Monterey Bay Aquarium, and observe mysterious kelp forests in the Point Lobos State Natural Reserve. Nov & Dec 2019. Rates begin at $3,770.
- New! Wild Baja Escape: Serenity & Sea Life in the Sea of Cortez: Explore the Sea of Cortez on a 5-day voyage with the rigor of an expedition and the transformative wellbeing of a retreat. Wake each morning to yoga on deck or a boot camp beach workout. Snorkel among sea lions, explore the coastline by kayak and stand-up paddleboard, challenge body and mind through wellbeing activities, and enjoy evenings with beachside bonfires and barbecues. Dec 2019 & Jan. 2020; rates begin at $2,780.
- New! Wild Alaska Escape: Juneau to Ketchikan : On this 6-day adventure voyage deep into the fjords and narrow, wildlife rich channels; encounter abundant and varied wildlife; and experience the surprisingly colorful undersea through video shot by our undersea specialist; kayak amid glacial ice, by special permission hike in the Tongass National Forest; explore Misty Fiords. May, June, July, Aug 2020. Rates begin at $4,420.
- Wild Alaska Escape: Sitka to Juneau: Explore Alaska’s iconic wildlife and epic landscapes on this 6-day adventure. Take long hikes through forests of towering trees, kayak long routes deep into glacially carved fjords, and raft to an ancient Alaska native village. Explore Haines, the ‘adventure capital of Alaska,’ via raft, bicycle, or hiking. May, June, July, Aug 2019 & 2020. Rates begin at $4,390.
Alaska Escape itineraries can be combined to extend the adventure north – experience double the thrills, sightings, and wildness—plus, save 10% on the overall combined price.
- Wild Galapagos Escape: Pack a ton of activities into one exhilarating week to discover the wonders and wildlife of this magical place, with departures on Saturday and Thursday. This Galapagos expedition features 5-days in the archipelago exploring the islands, with one-night pre-voyage in Guayaquil. Feb, Apr, May, July, Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov 2019. Rates begin at $5,730.
- Wild Galapagos & Peru Escape: The best of Galápagos and Machu Picchu on a 9-day adventure. Starting in Lima on a Saturday night, stay two nights in the Sacred Valley, enjoy fabled Machu Picchu and see Cusco, imperial capital of the Inca. Journey to Galápagos for a five-day voyage, with adventures every day on land and undersea—walks and hikes, kayaking, paddle boarding and snorkeling—returning home on Sunday. May, July, Aug, Sept, Nov, Dec 2019. Rates begin at $6,570.
- Wild Baja Escape: The Whales of Magdalena Bay: This is where gray whale mothers, calves and juveniles end the longest mammal migration on earth – and guests will be literally living among them with exhilarating up-close encounters. On this 6-day voyage explore the mangroves by kayak or paddleboard. Mountain bike over Sahara-like dunes and walk endless sand dollar filled beaches. Jan, Feb & March, 2020. Rates begin at $3,740.
- Wild California Escape: Channel Islands National Park: A 5-day wildness and wellness adventure that will voyage to the seldom seen Channel Islands National Park. Part safari, part adult camp, explore the alluring remoteness with visits to three of the five wildlife-rich islands which make up the National Park, plus Catalina Island. Actively explore unmarred landscapes, revel in pure nature, and rejuvenate mind, body, and soul with wellbeing programs. Sep, Oct, Dec 2019; Apr, Sep, Oct, Nov 2020. Rates begin at $2,620.
- Wild Iceland Escape: Explore Iceland’s pristine fjords, fascinating tundra and waterfalls on a 6-day voyage along the western coast. Soak in geothermal hot springs, hike over cooled lava fields, and view Iceland’s newest isle, Surtsey. Discover historic villages and the rich biodiversity of the Westfjords, spot nesting puffins on the Látrabjarg cliffs and watch for humpback and minke whales. June & July 2019. Rates begin at $5,030.
- Wild Belize Escape: Wildlife, Reefs & Rivers: A 6-day voyage along the remote southern coast. Snorkel or dive the colorful corals of the Belize barrier reef, skirt the shores of white-sand islands by kayak and paddleboard, swim in turquoise lagoons teeming with marine life. Inland, explore lush coastal rivers seeking out howler monkeys and toucans in the rain forest canopy. Feb & March, 2020. Rates begin at $3,970.
All rates are per person based on double occupancy in a category 1 cabin. You can save 10% when traveling as a group of 6 or more people on select departures.
Contact Sunstone Tours & Cruises at 1-888-815-5428 with any questions or to book your Wild Escape of a lifetime!