Category Archives: Promotions
Now is the time to experience a path less traveled in 2011 to New Zealand and sub-Antarctic Islands, the Gulf of Siam, and Thailand, Cambodia & Vietnam expeditions.
Orion Expeditions is offering “2-for-1” Fares on select itineraries and sailing for travelers. Also, the Single Supplement for these sailing has been waived, making it a perfect opportunity for single travelers to “see the world.”
Linda Androlia from Sunstone Tours is Lindblad Expeditions number 1 individual selling travel agent. Here success comes from her expertise in small ship cruising — and specifically Lindblad’s expeditions. Because she specializes in small ships, she knows every detail of our itineraries, ships and staff – which she shares with her clients to ensure an extraordinary experience from start to finish. Her clients are priority #1, and her knowledge and customer service skills allow her to create a relationship with them that lasts. And, she supports all of this with strategic marketing tactics, and online and social media prowess.
Kathy Johns, VP Agency Sales
This time of year, the small ship cruise lines offer several early bird discounts on cruises for 2009. This year, with the current state of the economy, there are even more incentives to offer to small ship adventurists.
Sunstone Tours & Cruises is pleased to offer unbelievable savings to many regions of the world; Alaska, Asia, Central America, Columbia River and Mexico’s Sea of Cortez. But you must act fast; these discounts are for a limited time, some expiring the first few weeks of December.
So act now, to obtain the largest discount ever on small ship adventures, by visiting Sunstone Tours & Cruises today!
Sitting in a line of cars on the highway, all seeking out the same colorful leaves that the fall season brings, is simply becoming tired. Want a new approach to fall foliage leaf-peeping? Try a fall foliage cruise.
When I refer to cruises, I’m not talking about those mega-liner ships that sail miles from shore. No, I’m talking about a small ship adventure cruise.
Yes, there is still some limited availability for 2008 cruises. But it’s now time to drop what you’re doing, do the research, and book. There’s only a few weeks to enjoy the fall foliage season. Don’t miss out!
Below are a few of the itineraries that we feature at Sunstone Tours & Cruises:
- Hudson River: The rolling hills that surround the Hudson River are majestically adorned in the brilliant colors of fall foliage in October. Roundtrip from New York City. More info…
- Autumn Sojourn in the Pacific Northwest: The Pacific Northwest is tailor made for an autumn sojourn. Navigate the flowing waters of the Columbia River, all the while kayaking, hiking or bicycling for further exploration. More info…
- California Wine Country Culture of the Vine: Save 25% Sail away on a relaxing adventure on rarely cruised waterways. Surround yourself in the oasis of the Wine Country as you sample different varieties of wine, and tour some of the Napa, Sonoma and Carneros wine districts’ favored wineries. More info…
- California Wine Country: Vintner’s Choice: Save 20% Indulge yourself in the wonderful world of California wine, on a leisurely cruise experience that takes you deep into the famed Napa and Sonoma wine valleys. More info…
- San Francisco Bay and the Napa Valley: Aboard National Geographic Sea Bird you’ll explore by ship, on foot, by kayak and Zodiac to provide a unique perspective of this well-known area that even few locals ever get. More info…
Some exciting news on European river cruises…
Lindblad Expeditions is offering several deals on 2008 Danube river cruises. If interested, you must book by August 16, 2008 to take advantage of these fabulous offers:
- Autumn on the Danube – Budapest to Prague: Explore Budapest, a city situated on both sides of the Danube. Then, embark River Cloud, and sail along the Danube where each bend reveals a surprise.
Save $2000 per person on the Oct. 16 sailing, OR Save $1000 or complimentary group airfare on other select sailings. View details…
- Autumn on the Danube: Prague to Budapest: Discover Prague, a fascinating city linked by graceful bridges. Then embark River Cloud and ply the Danube’s waters through thickly wooded slopes, rolling vineyards, imposing castles, ancient river towns and colorful open-air markets.
Save $1000 or complimentary airfare on select sailings. View details…
For 2009, Cruise West is testing the Danube waters by offering 4 sailings between Vienna and Bucharest aboard the brand new luxurious Amadeus Diamond. As there are only four sailings, availability is limited, so reserve your spot today. View details on the Cruise West Danube itinerary…
You heard right. Until July 31, save up to $2000 per person on select Lindblad Expeditions Caribbean sailings aboard the luxurious, tall-masted vessel Sea Cloud II. For details, view the individual itineraries below.
This is one of the unique situations in small ship cruising where the ship is part of the draw. If you’ve dreamed of traveling on a tall ship, sailing gently through warm tropical waters, here’s your opportunity. The Sea Cloud II is an exhilarating journey back to the golden age of sail. She flies 26 sails — nearly 30,000 square feet of canvas — hoisted the old fashioned way, by hand. She is the world’s largest and most luxurious square-rigged tall ship available for passenger travel, carrying only 86 guests.
- Caribbean Classic – As featured in National Geographic Traveler’s 50 Tours of a Lifetime, this 15 day, 14 night sailing visits destinations such as Barbados, Dominica, Prickly Pear Cay, Anguilla, Jost Van Dyke & Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands, St. Barts, St. Kitt’s & St. Lucia before wrapping up your voyage in he Grenadines.
Save $2,000 per person off the voyage rates for the Dec. 19, 2008 & Feb. 13, 2009 sailings when you book by July 31, 2008.
- Sailing the Caribbean – Sail the trade winds on this 8 day, 7 night itinerary, which features Dominica, Isles des Saintes, Soufrière & Les Pitons, St. Lucia, Bequia, the Grenadines and Tobago Cays before disembarking in Barbados.
Save $1,500 per person off the voyage rates when you book the Dec. 5 or 12, 2008 sailings OR save $1,000 per person off the voyage rates when you book the Jan. 2, 9, 30 or Feb. 6, 2009 sailings by July 31, 2008
Time is about up. You only have a few days left to save $1000 or receive complimentary airfare (think about gas prices) on the European River cruise you’ve always dreamed of. Aboard the River Cloud, you’ll sail Lindblad Expeditions “Autumn On The Danube,” between Prague and Budapest. These itineraries offer a journey of jigsaw puzzle scenery, fairytales, castles and concert halls, waterfront walks and riverside bike rides in kaleidoscopic autumn colors, wine and vineyards. All this from what is considered as the most magnificent ship on the Danube, with panoramic views of the passing riverscape.
This special savings offer ends June 30, 2008. So act now to secure your journey on the Danube.
The North American continent is packed with destinations often times overlooked by travelers. While many set their sights on far away lands such as Europe, Asia and the South Pacific, many forget about destinations such as the history, quaint ports, great cities and vast wilderness of British Columbia; the historic significance of Lewis & Clark’s expedition and rich wine region of the Columbia River; the flora & fauna and the local culture of Central America, including Panama & Costa Rica; and lastly, the rich biosphere known to many as the “Galapagos of the North” in Mexico’s Sea of Cortez.
One method of experiencing these regions in an intimate, up-close way is via a small ship adventure cruise. Cruise West currently is offering up to $700 off per cabin on cruises to these regions if you book & pay by June 27, 2008.
So if exploring a little closer to home sounds attractive, consider the following offers:
British Columbia – Pacific Northwest Coastal Escape Cruise
Sailing round-trip from Seattle to the remote waterways that host the San Juan Islands, as well as major cities such as Vancouver and Victoria. Explore the vast wilderness of Desolation Sound and the Gulf Islands while experiencing the wildlife and scenery that makes this region so special.
View itinerary details…
Columbia River – A River Voyage of Discovery
Join us on the Columbia and Snake Rivers as the Bicentennial of the Lewis and Clark Expedition gets fully underway. The explorers set out in 1804, seeking the Rocky Mountains and the far Pacific. Throughout your cruise, the Pacific Northwest’s pioneer history is brought to life with a special series of excursions, guest speakers, and narration and presentations by your on-board Exploration Leader.
View itinerary details…
Central America – Between Two Seas
This voyage of exploration in Costa Rica and Panama is a true insider’s experience. You’ll meet fascinating local people, and visit tropical gardens and wildlife reserves accessible only by special arrangement-and only by small ship.
View itinerary details…
Mexico’s Sea of Cortez – Whales & Wildlife
This voyage is highlighted by visits to these unspoiled islands, teeming with plants and animals found nowhere else in the world. Visit breathtaking private beaches, turquoise coves that invite you to dive in, and inland to where the giant cardón cactus grows. When your voyage ends, you will take part of this place away with you, embedded deep in your spirit. And you will leave a part of yourself behind.
View itinerary details…
Ever want to be apart of an expedition, but either it was too long or too much?
Lindblad Expeditions, the pioneer of small-ship expedition travel, has just announced 4-night Expedition Getaways to the San Francisco Bay and Napa Valley, Pacific Northwest, and Baja California. With the same immersive experiences afforded by their longer journeys and prices starting at $1,690 per person, these voyages are a wonderful introduction to expedition cruising.
But don’t delay. As there are just a few departure dates, these expeditions will sell out fast. Contact Sunstone Tours & Cruises today toll-free at 1-888-815-5428.
Click on the itinerary below for more information.